Saturday, May 3, 2014

Vintage & Lace Painted Mason Jars

 
 
 
I want to start off by saying I LOVE PAINTING! I don't know what it is about it, but it's just so soothing and relaxing...and painting solid objects like mason jars...omg! There's no pressure to stay inside the lines or make perfect strokes. It's just...painting. Needless to say I really enjoyed this project :)
 
I purchased a four back of short mason jars from target for around 5 bucks. I spent a little over 7 dollars for the Martha Stewart White Crackle Paint and two 97 cent 1500 Pure Bristle Brushes. The removable lace stickers were from Michaels and cost 2.49 a pack. I bought two and still had some remaining after decorating four mason jars.
 
I painted the jars, let them dry, applied a second coat, and then applied the lace stickers. It was a very simple project. The crackle effect of the paint makes them look aged so you don't have to do anything extra to give it that vintage look. If you want to put flowers other items to that will stick outside the jar, you simply pop out the tops and screw the lid back on. I really love the way these turned out and plan to use them in my upcoming style shoot. They can work as center pieces, candle holders, or as décor around the house. Hope this was helpful or at least entertaining to someone out there. Until next time!
 
      -Jacquelyne Edith
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment