Friday, September 26, 2014

Ghanian & Sierra Leone Baby Shower with a Royal Roman Theme


This week my dear friend Meemee gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. His name is Roman....and he is absolutely beautiful..but let me back track for a minute. Meemee is one of my closest friends. She is more like a sister. We have been friends since high school. Although we live hours a part, we still try and play an active role in each others lives.

So when she told me she was with child, and wanted me to help with her shower, I was beside myself. Meemee is one of the sweetest, most intelligent, most beautiful women I know. And now she is a mother. Oh the joy!

Meemee and her fiancé Baff have been together since college. Now they have a beautiful family and I couldn't be more happy for them.

But let me tell you about the Baby Shower! Meemee and Baff threw, by far, the best Baby Shower I have ever been to in life. Meemee's family hails from Sierra Leone and Baff's from Ghana. Bringing the two African cultures together was simply amazing. From the music, to the food, to the décor, to the fashion it was just fabulous.

The dance floor was packed all night long. So many different generations of African culture filled the room. It was definitely a night to remember. You really just had to be there, but since you weren't I've attached some photos below for your viewing. Do swoon :)

By the way I did not plan this event but I did provide some décor services, to include the dessert table, and I designed the card box and guest book as well. (go me)

The dessert/cake table



The young kings cake



Loved this!


Table toppers


The Card Box made by your truly :)


Just some of the amazing food that was served!


The hostesses and Meemee


The Fellas


Family


Oh Yea!


Just a few of the queens who were in attendance


More dancing :)



The lovely couple 







In case you didn't know, when men attend baby showers alone...they bring diapers

Hope you enjoyed, do come again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment