Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Size Overrated's One Year Celebration #sizeoverrated #corporateevent #eventplanning

What if I told you that there was this amazing magazine that you could view on your mobile device, PC, or in print...a magazine that illuminated beauty in every form, every shape, every ethnicity...a magazine that portrayed every day people like you and I, who are impacting the world and the local community in a very positive way? I have two words for you...Size Overrated.

I met Ariel, the CEO of S.O. Magazine back in August when I was at the time hosting a poetry night in Hampton. She came out to support one of her magazine contributors who was reciting poetry that night. When she told me about her magazine I was immediately intrigued. I could only imagine the courage it took her to take such an amazing yet unheard of concept, and turn it into something real, something tangible, something BIG!

When Ariel asked me to coordinate her one year celebration I was elated. It would be my first corporate event, and it would be for someone amazing, passionate, and devoted to their dream. I couldn't ask for more in a client. From budgeting, to décor, to entertainment, Ariel was a joy to work with. Her event turned out to be phenomenal!


We used plastic margarita cups as centerpieces adorned with clear plastic diamonds, synthetic flowers, and t lights. They made classy, tasteful, budget friendly centerpieces. For our guest we decided on Smore Favors for a cozy autumn feel. We created a business networking scavenger hunt as entertainment for our guest, but the conversation was so electric and overflowing that we didn't even get around to the scavenger hunt. So many wonderful personalities and businesses were present at this event, that there was really no need for outside entertainment other than the Jazz music we had playing softly in the background.

The patio at Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant in Hampton was the perfect location. The intimate seating arrangement was perfect for our close knit group and gave it sort of a family feel. At the end of the night Ariel cut the double chocolate cake and we sang Happy Birthday (the Stevie Wonder version of course) to Size Overrated Magazine. I'm so glad that I got to meet Ariel and bring the vision of her one year celebration to life! We had an absolute blast and I cannot wait until next year!

 
 
To learn more about Size Overrated Magazine visit their website www.sizeoverrated.com
 










No comments:

Post a Comment