Tuesday, March 11, 2014

DIY Upcycled Wedding Decor!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy upcycling! In my own little way I'm saving the planet and I get to be creative and make cool stuff from the items I recycle. So why would I not incorporate this practice into my business? When working with my first bride, I wanted to stress to her the importance of recycling cans and glass bottles/containers to use as centerpieces, so I decided to make a display for her demonstrating what they'd look like up cycled. A little inspiration never hurt anyone!
 
The can in the pictures is a recycled vegetable can with a chalk board label from Michaels,
 

 

 
 and the candy jar is a recycled spaghetti jar with gold glitter sticker lettering added for detail,
 
These were super easy to make. I used a wet chalk pen on the labels and my glue gun to secure everything! Hope this was helpful to someone out there. Weddings should be elegant and fabulous, but like I always say, they don't have to break the bank!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment