Monday, June 16, 2014

A Fabulous Fifth Frozen Birthday!

This summer both of my nieces turn five years old. Birthdays have always been a big deal in my family, so of course we planned to do something very special for their fifths. And like every kid in America age 3-10, they are absolutely obsessed with Frozen. I'll admit I'm a big Olaf fan myself. I got my start surfing Pinterest for some much needed pinspiration, but instead I found myself being more intimidated than inspired. Some of the Frozen parties I saw were so over the top and well done, with every aspect from the movie somehow incorporated into the event. Of course the competitor in me wondered, how could I top that? I had my work cut out for me, but I've never been one to back down from a challenge.

I decided to began with the display table. After multiple trips to Walmart, Target, and Party City, I decided to go with a poster board for my main attraction. I painted it Extreme Glitter Blue, added silver glitter and a few foam snowflakes I had left over from Christmas. I then taped a $5 Frozen poster I found at Walmart, in the center of the board. I later decided to drape it with a tulle like fabric I found at Walmart. It hid all the imperfections and gave it a clean crisp look. For the display food items, I tried to incorporate details from the movie; pretzels representing Olaf's limbs, carrots for his noses, marshmallows for snowballs, etc. To give the table a more poufy princess look, I used safety pins to attach individual pieces of tulle to it.

For the games I decided on Pin the Nose on Olaf, Find Elsa's Missing Glove, and Make a Edible Olaf. Each were inspired by posts I found on Pinterest. For Pin the Nose on Olaf, I simply purchased a white poster board and drew Olaf (make sure to leave his nose out) and a very simple background. I then cut out little noses using orange construction paper, and taped them to the posted board. Elsa's missing glove was the easiest. I used blue construction paper to cut out a faux glove, and hid it for the children to find. I typed up the message on my computer and read it aloud for the kids, asking for their help in finding Elsa's glove. I think the biggest hit was Build an Edible Olaf. I put Marshmallows, Mini Pretzel Sticks, and Reeses M&Ms in little plastic baggies and stapled little notes to them.





 
 
The kids loved all the games and had a blast. This party totaled less than $300, including the food and beverages. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, and if your interested in having Jacquelyne Edith Events, LLC throw a Frozen Birthday Party for your special little  someone, please visit my website and fill out a consultation form. As always I hope this was helpful or at least entertaining to someone! Thanks for reading and until next week!

Jacquelyne Edith

 


 








No comments:

Post a Comment